At Tourism Development & Investment Company(TDIC) we are dedicated to protecting and respecting your privacy, andsafeguarding your Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
TDIC’s mission is to consistently exceed ourguests’ expectations in terms of the products and services we provide to ourinvestors, business and leisure partners. We strive to create an experiencethat is responsive to your needs by using the information you entrust us withresponsibly. TDIC is committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to theprinciples of applicable data protection and privacy laws throughout the world.
Information we may collect from you
The types of PII that we may collect includesyour name, home, work and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, creditcard information, date of birth, gender, nationality and lifestyle informationsuch as room preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children, andother information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g. health conditionsthat require focused attention or accommodation).
We may collect and process the followinginformation:
- Information that you provide bycompleting forms on our sites [INSERT DOMAIN ADDRESSES]. This includes but isnot limited to information provided at the time of registering to use our site,subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services,your communication preferences, information provided for fulfilling reservationor information requests, purchasing products, registering for program membership,submitting job applications, entering competitions and promotions sponsored byTDIC or responding to communications from us
- If you contact us we may keep a record ofthat correspondence
- We may ask you for information when youreport a problem with our site
- To complete surveys that we use forresearch purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our siteincluding but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and othercommunication data and the resources that you access
We may also collect non –identifying informationabout you such as your use of our websites, communication preferences, travelhabits, aggregated data relative to your website visit or stay
(if applicable) and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You have a right to choose which communicationsyou wish to receive from us and whether you provide us with your PII. However,failure to provide such information may affect our ability to conduct certaintransactions. For example, failure to provide your name will prevent us fromprocessing a reservation for you.
We encourage you to regularly review and updateyour PII as appropriate. You can update your details by contacting our CallCentre and requesting an access form. If you elect to join TDIC’s loyaltyprogram you can review and update your individual membership profile on-linewith the assistance of a TDIC Client Services Representative or y contactingour Call Centre. Access to PII from non PG program members cannot be providedby telephone. Please note that in an effort to prevent the unauthorizeddisclosure of your PII you may be asked for proof of identity or otherauthentication materials.
Should you wish to de-active your loyaltymembership or update your information we will endeavor to do so in a timelymanner. Certain information may be retained by us indefinitely on ‘backup’systems or within log files due to technical constraints, financial and legalrequirements so we cannot guarantee complete removal of all of your PII in allinstances.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our websiteor email communications are presented in the most effective manner for yourcomputer
- To provide you with information, productsor services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, whereyou have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To carry out obligations arising from anycontracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate ininteractive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to ourservice
- Where we have received your consent to doso
- In situations where sharing or disclosingyour information is required in order to offer you products or services youdesire
- When companies or services providersperform business activities on behalf of TDIC require such information (e.g.hotel operators, credit card processing, customer support services, marketresearch administration or database management services)
- In the event TDIC is merged or acquiredby another company
- In case of emergency such as to safeguardthe life, health or property of an individual
Where information is shared as above we willlimit the scope of information furnished to that which is necessary to performthe specific function. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we requireall third parties to protect your PII and abide by all applicable privacy lawsand regulations
IP Address & Cookies
We may collect information about your computer,including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type,for system administration and reporting purpose. This is statistical dataabout our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain informationabout your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on thehard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred toyour computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver abetter and more personalized service. They enable us to:
Estimate our audience size and usagepattern
- Store information about your preferences,allowing us to customize our site and delivery communications according to yourindividual interests
- Ensure you obtain all requestedinformation
- Recognize you when you return to the siteand make easier and faster log in
- Improve marketing programs and content
TDIC cookies are limited to our web sites only,and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the internet after leavingour websites.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may betransferred to and stored on our databases. In the course of processing yourinformation it may also be necessary to transfer your PII to TDIC’s affiliates,properties within the TDIC system and third party service providers locatedboth within the United Arab Emirates and globally for the purposes outlinedwithin this Privacy Statement. By submitting your personal data, you agree tothis transfer.
All information you provide to us is stored onour secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where you havebeen given a password to access certain parts of our site you are personallyresponsible for keeping this password confidential.
You have the right to ask us not to process yourpersonal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you beforecollecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if weintend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Youcan exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes onthe forms we use to collect your data.
TDIC does not wish to receive PII from minorsunder the age of 16.We are however unable to determine the age of personsaccessing and using our websites. Where a minor provides us with his or herdata without parental or guardian consent we encourage the parent or guardianto contact us immediately, whereupon we will arrange for the prompt removal ofthe minors information and unsubscribe the minor from further TDIC marketingcommunications.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may from time to time contain links toand from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Thisincludes websites owned or controlled by independent franchisees, third partyowners of hotel, hotel operators and managers, resort, interval ownership orresident properties that use the name of other brands, or websites notcontrolled or authorized by TDIC. If you follow a link to any of these websitesplease note that these websites have their own privacy statement, datacollection practices and security measures and we do not accept any responsibilityor liability for these policies. Please ensure you check these policies beforesubmitting any personal data.
Unfortunately the transmission of informationvia the internet is never completely secure and guaranteed security cannot begiven. TDIC recognizes the importance of information security and as such allTDIC owned websites have security measures in place to prevent loss, misuse oralteration of your PII while under our control. TDIC endeavors to safeguardyour information using both procedural and technical safeguards, includingpassword controls, ‘firewalls’ and the use of up to 128-bit encryption based ona Digital Certificate. This allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer, anencryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hackingwhile in transit. We are continually reviewing and enhancing ourtechnical, physical and logical security rules and procedures to offer you thebest protection whilst using our websites.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
TDIC may amend this Privacy Statement from timeto time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs,or to satisfy the needs of our guests, client, strategic marketing partners andservice providers. Any changes we make to our privacy statement will be postedon our websites and date stamped so that you are always aware of the latestupdate.
We welcome your comments, requests and questionsregarding our Privacy Statement. Please contact
withany queries or comments you may have.